With the recent exposure Nano has received from its glorious debut on Twitch, and the subsequent furore on Twitter, more and more people have been exposed to the virtues of this fine technology. This has created an inevitable demand that will form the basis the similarly inevitable rise to the forefront of the public consciousness.
When beginning your crypto adventure things can seem very daunting and exceptionally complex. The questions that are ringing round your head are laughably basic to anyone who has been in crypto for a week and no doubt consider themselves an old school trader. It is a very steep initial learning curve that there is absolutely no shame in seeking assistance with surmounting. Fortunately, our Nano community contains many understanding and thoroughly hard working members who have worked hard to produce step-by-step guides to purchasing and securing your first Nano.
Below I will outline the simple method available to purchase Nano, from scratch, in my humble opinion. (There are no referral links in the following guide)
I STRONGLY RECOMMEND USING 2-FACTOR-AUTHORISATION AT ALL SITES YOU SIGN UP WITH
Step 1. -Purchasing Bitcoin(BTC) or Ethereum(ETH)
- Your first move will be to sign up with coin base .
- Purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using a debit or credit card. You can enter the amount you wish to spend or the amount of cryptocurrency on the screen below. (note. you may have to contact your card provider to ensure the transaction gets past fraud prevention). Once you have bought your cryptocurrency you can view it in your Wallet, which is found easily in the Accounts section of the Coinbase dashboard.
Step 2. – Sending Bitcoin(BTC) or Ethereum(ETH) to Binance
- The first step in the process is to open up accounts at both Binance and GDAX. Fortunately you can login to GDAX account using your Coinbase logins, as they are partner sites.
- Once you have created these accounts, go into GDAX, Accounts – Down Arrow of either BTC or ETH – Coinbase account then fill out the form to deposit your coin instantly. You can now send these coins to your Wallet at Binance!
- To do so you will need to login to Binance and head to Funds – Deposits – Select coin you wish to deposit – then copy the deposit address in bold.
- Then navigate back to GDAX and go to Accounts – Up arrow of the coin you just deposited – BTC or ETH Address – Then fill out the form, inputting the address you copied from Binance and the amount of crypto you wish to send.
- Click Withdraw Funds, and wait for the withdrawal to Binance to occur(usually within an hour).
Step 3. – Buying NANO on Binance
- From the Binance homepage , click the NANO market for the coin you have just sent to Binance
- This will open the market view. The quickest and simplest way to buy your Nano is to click Market(1) – 100%(2) – Buy Nano(3) – This will completely convert your BTC or ETH into NANO at market value. You now own NANO, but its not yours until you make it safe.
Step 4. – Securing your NANO
- The final step is very strongly advised, as you should want to secure your NANO and keep them in your OWN wallet. You will need to make an account with the Official NANO Wallet website .
- Follow all advised steps when signing up. The seed is extremely important and you should write it down and keep it safe, it is the key your wallet if you forget your details. Your funds will be irrecoverable if you forget your wallet ID or password in conjunction with the seed. I strongly advice using 2-Factor Authentication from the settings menu, treat the seed provided when setting up this service as important as your wallet seed. It will reset your 2FA if you lose your authentication device.
- Once you have created your wallet, you will have a wallet address assigned. Do not confuse this with your wallet ID. Your wallet address will begin with xrb_.
- Go into Binance, where you bought your NANO, and navigate to Funds – Withdrawals – Select NANO – Then enter your newly created wallet address into the form and withdraw all your NANO to your NANO wallet.
- It will arrive in your NANO wallet immediately and your NANO is now safe and secure.
Step 5 – What to do next?
- Sit back and relax, knowing you are one of the first to possess the currency of the future.